Beer Series R2. Challenge Your Constitution 2018. 4 Beers, 1 Hill, 1 Champion. 11:00, 21st July, Constitution Hill https://www.plotaroute.com/route/445085 .
This is R2, R1 was the Jan beermile and Pete holds a commanding lead. However this is the CYC, anything can happen on the hill. If you missed R1 you cant take the series title but you can take the CYC crown. We’ll start to gather from 10:45 onwards around the base of the hill for a 11:00 start . Post race they’ll be a wet wipe shower and recovery pint in a pub (s).
Current Series Standings
|Position||Athlete||Time||Beverage||Diff from Lead|
|5||Danielle Watson||00:10:53||Gin PB||00:02:40|
|6||Frances Wadelin||00:11:11||Gin PB||00:02:58|
|7||Bob Browne||00:11:20||Beer PB||00:03:07|
The rules are as per Beer Mile…
This event is in no way connected to Erewash Valley RC and all runners participating do so at their own risk. This is not an organised event and it should be noted that running whilst quickly consuming alcoholic beverages is an ill-advised and potentially dangerous activity. There will be no medical supervision and the only EVRC involvement is the sharing of my (John W) personal intent to run up and down a hill. If you wish to join in this is your choice and your responsibility.
The following rules will be being followed by me and others as we run for personal entertainment. Note: There will be a “gin CYC” being run by a few ladies who do not drink beer, this is because they have nothing better to do and is in no way an organised competition. Pre mixed cans of gin and tonic may be being consumed.
Should you wish to join in, all beverages must be self-supplied and if this was a competition with a prize to encourage effort then the Judge’s word would be final.
Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four hill reps (start - beer, then up, then beer, then down, then beer, then up, then beer, then down- finish).
· Beer must be consumed before the rep is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 metre zone marked in dirt and blood.
· The size of the beer/beverage has to be a minimum of 330 ml in volume.
· No specialised cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie "super mega mouth cans" or "wide mouth bottles" are prohibited.
· Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles - no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
· Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.
· Each beer can/bottle must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each rep.
· Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty rep at the end of the race (up and down). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty rep at the end. Please do not vomit on the gate or on the wildlife
Size is 330ml or above, this is to accommodate product availability.
Bottles or cans are permitted, but no pre-opening is allowed.
Cider rules = Size and strength must match beer rules
Any queries by the general public are to be responded with a "oh we're just casually running round, never met these people before" and directed to John W as this has nothing to do with EVRC.
Do not drive