Saunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon
Bit of an old favourite for EVRC. You run round a lot collecting points by going to checkpoints. There's multiple route choices and you race in teams, pairs or solo. If you're interested the guide is below.
72 finishing teams
32. Pete & Dani Watson
Harter Fell Class
65 finishing teams
33. Nick Lander & Angie
FAIRFIELD CLASS (Team or solo Event) – New course for 2018
A Score Class. For teams of two, or for solos. This replaces the Pillar Class
- Teams must have the same level of experience as Carrock Fell teams.
- Solo runners must have previous experience of several, recent, long distance mountain navigation events.(OMM Class A/B or equivalent) .
- At the Start on Day 1, the competitor will be issued with a list of all relevant controls for the two days. Each control will have a points value allocated to it. You should plan your course for each day in order to accumulate as many points as possible during the two days. You will not gain points for visiting a control that you visited on Saturday, again on Sunday.
- Your time allowance will be 7 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday.
- You must camp at the designated overnight campsite on Saturday. This is where your timing will end on Saturday and begin again on Sunday.If you exceed your time allowance on either day you will have penalty points deducted as set out below:-
- The first 10 minutes — 2 points will be deducted from your score for every minute, or part of a minute, that you are late, between 1 minute and 10 minutes
- 10 – 20 minutes late – 5 points will be deducted from your score for every minute, or part of a minute, you are late, between 10 minute and 20 minutes
- 10 points will be deducted from your score for every minute, or part of a minute, you are late, after 20 minutes.Your score after deductions will never go below zero each day.
- If you are 25.5 minutes late you will have points deducted from your score as follows: 1-10 minutes -20 points plus 11-20 minutes -50 points deducted plus 21 to 26 minutes – 60 points deducted TOTAL POINTS DEDUCTED 130
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age
HARTER FELL CLASS (Team Event)
Winning time 7.5-8.5 hours total.Participants must have good hill experience and proven navigational skills Entrants must be over 14. Where one of the two runners is under 18, the other runner must be the parent, guardian or “accompanying adult” of the junior runner.